Print

Silica Verfahrenstechnik GmbH: Innovative Technology with Tradition
More than eighty years ago the company for adsorption agents and their application was founded in Berlin. Since the sale of the Silica Gel production plants in 1963, Silica has concentrated on engineering and plant construction.
Silica has delivered more than 500 adsorption technology plants worldwide during the last 20 years, with 20 to 30 new ones every year. Since 1993 the Austrian Berndorf AG holds 75 percent of Silica Verfahrenstechnik GmbH. Since 1995 our company is located at the new premises in Berlin-Reinickendorf.

 

1929  Foundation of the German subsidiary of the Silica-Gel Corporation, Baltimore (USA)
1934  Takeover of the company by the German management
1963  Sale of Silica Gel production plants to Grace Davison (USA)
1993  Conversion to Silica Verfahrenstechnik GmbH, main shareholder Berndorf AG
1995  Extension of the new location Berlin-Reinickendorf to central company premises